Sunday 13 October 2013

The Master bid adieu !

Is this the end of cricket world ?
Perhaps, the answer may be Yes from Many of cricket fans. After winning Clt20 cup, Sachin Tendulkar released a statement of his retirement after 200th test. This news spreaded over the world in few hours, became Headline of every newspaper, News channels, sports channels, every cricket fans group. Cricket Experts around the world gave their reactions on this heart-breaking news and explained to Sachin, his batting and moments that they spent with him in their words.
In a BCCI release, Tendulkar said: "All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years. It's hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it's all I have ever done since I was 11 years old. It's been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world. I look forward to playing my 200th Test Match on home soil, as I call it a day.
"I thank the BCCI for everything over the years and for permitting me to move on when my heart feels it's time. I thank my family for their patience and understanding. Most of all, I thank my fans and
well-wishers who through their prayers and wishes have given me the strength to go out and perform at my best." An emotional Yuvraj Singh doesn’t want Sachin to retire. The Twitterverse also twitted about the retirement.
Though it is a disappointing call for Many cricket fans and in the result they might be started to ignore a cricket match as they wouldn't watch the straight drive, cover drive, leg glance, efforts in field.. Etc . It always hurts when you can't see your favourite player not to playing anymore and that also who served his country and cricket for almost 24 years. But we have to be understood and given respect a player's decision and thanked him for what he did for us and Cricket.  .
Some Incredible stats about Sachin:
Most Matches in Odi :463 ,
Most Matches in Test :198,
Most runs in Test :15837 runs ,
Most runs in ODI :18426 runs ,
Most Fours in odi :2016 fours ,
Most Fours in test :2044 Fours ,
Most 150+ scores in odi :5 ,
Most 150+ scores in test :20 ,
Most hundreds by a batsman in Test:51 hundreds ,
Most Hundreds by a batsman in ODI :49 hundreds ,
Most Nineties in Odi :18 ,
Most Nineties in Test :10,
Most fifties by a batsman in Test :67 ,
Most fifties by a batsman in ODI :96 ,
Most Man of Match in odi :62 ,
Most Man of series in odi :15 ,
Most Balls Faced in odi :21367 ,
Most ODI runs in a calendar year :1,894 ODI runs in 1998,
Most centuries in a calendar year :9 ODI centuries in 1998,
Most runs scored by a batsman in ODI tournament finals: Tendulkar 1851,
Most centuries hit by a batsman in ODI tournament Finals: Tendulkar (6 ton),
Most Runs in world cup :2278 ,
Most Runs in single world cup :673 Runs in 2003 world cup ,
Most Hundreds in world cup :6 ,
Most fifties in world cup :15 ,
Most successful batsman in wins :(11157 runs in 234 matches) ,
Most successful batsman in chases :(5490 runs in 127 matches).
Yes it is one and only SACHIN TENDULKAR.
We all miss You.......

No comments:

Post a Comment